For those not in the know, the Liebster Award is a goodwill award given to bloggers by other bloggers. It is designed to encourage people (readers and bloggers) to discover and explore new blogs. It is also designed to help bloggers get their writing a wider audience. The rules, if you choose to accept the award, are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a fewer than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
So.. to answer my questions…
- What/who inspires you? My Daughter, all the great writers I love, my mother and grandparents, interesting art, and unusual photography.
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? The Arctic Circle – I want to see the Northern Lights and walk under that huge sky.
- Tea or coffee? Coffee if I have to get up promptly or I have a long day ahead but generally, I drink tea in the day. I like a decent coffee with all the trimmings on holidays.
- What is your greatest achievement to date? Probably graduating at twenty-one with a 1st Class Degree and a three year old in tow!
- What has your child taught you? That no matter how well you think you know someone, they can turn around and fill you with wonder when you least expect it. She keeps me surprised.
- Sweet or savoury? Sweet!
- Who is your hero? My Mum – She has super powers.
- Why did you start a blog? Partly to document my family’s home education adventure, and partly to feed my love of writing and creativity.
- If you could time travel, which era would you visit? Oh no! Too many options! I would love to go back to the Victorian Era and bump into some of my relatives but I would also be ecstatic to meet some of my favourite authors: Mary Shelley at the turn of the 18th Century would be amazing. I would want to go back in time and find out the truth behind all the unanswered historical questions: How was Stone Henge really built? Was Marie-Antoinette really insensitive and clueless? What was Shakespeare really like? What did the Dark Ages look like for an everyday person? What happened behind closed doors at Roswell? …. You could have so many amazing experiences!
- Name one thing you would like to do/achieve that you haven’t done yet? I would like to be a published author… and get fit!
Ten random facts about me include:
- I crochet.
- Growing up, I spent two and a half years in Naples, Italy.
- My favourite Shakespeare play is The Tempest
- I love to sing.
- I talk to myself…. a lot.
- I love sci-fi and am a complete nerd.
- I am good at tongue-twisters.
- I once (accidentally) poured gravy down the back of a man’s shirt when waitressing a hotel Christmas party. I got away with it.
- I love old books and manuscripts – I want them all.
- I am good at growing orchids.
- I do DIY – I can replace a toilet flush and everything!
So, now you all know a bit about me, it’s time for my nominations. I have tried to pick a variety of blogs that interest, inspire, or entertain me. They are all very different but that is just a reflection of my eclectic tastes. I would urge you to check them all out – you might discover something wonderful! Here goes….
Questions for my nominees are:
What is your ‘signature dish’?
What initially inspired your blog?
If you could go into Space, would you?
What is the most important thing you want to pass on to your children (or future children)
Where is the greatest place you have ever been?
What is the last book you read?
If you could be anyone in The World for a month, who would it be?
Do you have any pets?
Do you have any weird and wonderful skills?
In a dream universe, what would you be doing ten years from now?
I’d like to thank The Adventures of 5 plus 1 again for nominating me for the Liebster Award. It forced me to become a Reader and discover all of these amazing stories from around The World just waiting to inspire me!